Small Animal Clinical Trials
The University of Florida Small Animal Hospital offers Clinical Trials for Dogs, Cats, and other small animals to determine efficacy and safety for future treatments, therapies, and diagnostic tools. Please call 1-866-247-7950 to be directed to a clinical trial that may suit your pet’s needs.
Current Clinical Trials in Dogs:
- Stem Cells for Treatment of Osteoarthritis in Dog Elbows
- Comparing Bone Shapes for Small Dogs with and without Medial Patellar Luxation using CT
- Comparing Meniscectomy to Conservative Management in Dogs after TPLO Repair
- NEW!! Investigation of a Venous Slow Occlusive Device for treatment of Dogs with Congenital Extrahepatic Portosystemic Shunts
- For Dogs with Lymphoma:: Acupuncture and Herbal medicine for treatment of side effects during CHOP therapy
- Investigational Medication for Dogs with Non-Resectable Cutaneous High Grade Mast Cell Tumor
- ON HOLD UNTIL FALL 2015! Investigational Photodynamic Therapy for Dogs or Cats with Oral or Nasal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Vaccine Study for Dogs with Melanoma
- Coming FALL 2015! Investigational Vaccine for Dogs with Atopic Dermatitis
- Doberman Pinscher Dilated Cardiomyopathy Screening Clinic– No longer enrolling for Spring/Summer 2015
Current Clinical Trials in Cats:
We are not offering any clinical trials in cats at this time. Please check back for updates.