Florida Veterinary Scholars Program (FVSP): Summer 2018
Through a supportive, mentored research experience in an established laboratory and through seminars and discussion groups on careers in science, it is hoped that veterinary students will gain an insight on career opportunities in biomedical research. Veterinary students in their first year of veterinary school are encouraged to apply. Programs are typically 10 to 12 weeks during the summer.
Upcoming Critical Dates and Deadlines:
- Results released: 3/2/18
- Student pre-proposal due: 5/4/18
- Summer research program dates: 5/21/18-7/27/18
- Poster presentations: 7/24/18
- BI Student Scholars Symposium: 8/2/18-8/5/18 at Texas A&M University
* Please email your rankings, anywhere from 0-5 students to Stan Kim. If you don’t have a preference for a particular student, just note that in the email.
Contact a board member:
- Dr. Roy Curtiss, IDP
- Dr. Linda Hayward, Physiological Sciences
- Dr. Stan Kim, Program Director, SACS
- Dr. Chris Sanchez, LACS
- Dr. Heather Walden, CDPM