Florida Veterinary Scholars Program (FVSP): Summer 2019
The Florida Veterinary Scholars Program provides an opportunity for veterinary students to engage in hypothesis-driven research over a 10-12 week period. For UF students, this happens between the 1st and 2nd years.
If you are interested in obtaining research experience during your DVM degree, you should strongly consider applying. This is a really exciting program which provides a stipend for you to participate in research full time over the coming summer (2019). Participating in this program is a great way to gain exposure to aspects of veterinary medicine other than clinical practice, and also a unique way to get to know faculty members outside of the classroom.
If you have never had the privilege of mentoring a veterinary student in sponsored research, it’s a fantastic experience. This is a great way to introduce extremely motivated students to your area of work.
Upcoming Program Deadlines:
- Students contact potential faculty mentors: November 26, 2018 – January 26, 2019
- Student applications and student rankings of faculty projects due: February 1, 2019
- Faculty Note: Student Applications received after the deadline will not be posted until the 5th.
- Faculty rankings of students due: February 8, 2019 [DEADLINE EXTENDED!]
- Results released: February 28, 2019
- Student pre-proposal due: May 6, 2019
- Regulations and compliance information due: May 6, 2019
- Summer research program dates: May 20, 2019 – July 26, 2019
- Data Blitz/Poster Presentations: July 24, 2019
- National Veterinary Scholars Symposium: Tufts University, July 25 – 28, 2019
(DVM/PhD symposium: July 25th)
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Departmental Board Members:
- CDPM – Dr. Heather Walden
- ID&I – Dr. Roy Curtiss
- LACS – Dr. Ramiro Isaza
- Physiological Sciences – Dr. Linda Hayward
- SACS – Dr. Stan Kim