Students: How to apply
This is a really exciting program which provides a stipend for you to participate in research full time over the coming summer (2019). Participating in this program is a great way to gain exposure to aspects of veterinary medicine other than clinical practice, and also a unique way to get to know faculty members outside of the classroom.
There is a matching process for student/faculty applications for this program. We do this in an effort to provide scholarships to the most worthy students and get student/mentor teams matched as equitably as possible.
Each student application should include the following:
- Personal statement (not to exceed one page) discussing the following:
- Previous research experience
- Career goals
- Why you are interested in becoming a summer scholar
- How this program (or, specifically, any of the proposed projects) will impact your future endeavors
- First semester GPA
- Three prospective faculty members with whom you would like to work (ranked 1-3)
Download the application in MS Word and return as a one-page PDF, as per the form’s instructions. Applications must be received by Friday, February 1, 2019.
Please email Dr. Stan Kim