How to Apply
- You will need to prepare and upload your CV and a statement of purpose, and identify three references. In addition, please arrange to have your official test scores and transcripts sent to the UF Office of Admissions
- Please complete and submit your application
If you need guidance and assistance, please contact Sara Rubinstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 352-294 4241.
When to Apply
- We accept applications year-round and review them within a month after the CVM receives the complete application packet from the UF Graduate School.
- We encourage you to apply at least one to two months before the registration deadline for the semester in which you would like to begin the program. Please allow longer for international students.
- You can check the completion status of your UF application on the UF Admissions website.
The UF College of Veterinary Medicine offers graduate assistantships that cover stipend and/or tuition expenses. Graduate assistants are engaged in teaching and/or research tasks; the stipend is $31,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on available funding. Designated mentors can offer additional funding to students with exceptional credentials.
Health insurance and tuition waivers are available for students on assistantships. All students are required to pay nonacademic fees. For new students who may need a cash advance when arriving on campus, there is a graduate student revolving loan fund at the college.
- Spring semester: November 1st
- Summer semester: March 1st
- Fall semester: March 1st
Please submit applications 30-days prior to posted deadlines to insure time to properly process your application
Minimum Admission Criteria for Degree-Seeking Students
Acceptance into the graduate degree programs is competitive and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Minimum requirements for acceptance to the College of Veterinary Medicine’s Graduate Studies Program include (individual departments might have higher criteria):
- GPA: 3.0 or above, with particular attention paid to the grades in upper division science and math courses (usually taken in the last 60 hours).
- International Applicants: Satisfactory Scores on one English Language Exams:
- IELTS (The International English Language Testing System): Minimum score required = 6
- TOEFL (Internet-Based): Minimum score required = 80
- TOEFL (Paper-Based): Minimum score required = 550 Major determinants for admission include identifying a faculty member who agrees to mentor a new graduate student for a thesis or dissertation with your interests and credentials, and identifying a source of continual financial support for tuition, living and research expenses for the duration of the training. For more information about UF CVM MS and PhD programs’ application and admission, please contact Sara Rubinstein via email at email@example.com or by phone at 352-294 4241. Information about the UF Graduate School and its programs is available at the school’s website.