Department of Infectious Diseases & Immunology
Major Advisor: Thomas Waltzek, DVM, PhD
Office Location: APL 211
- BS – Biology; Environmental Science – Eckerd College, 2013
Honors & Awards
- UF Alumni Fellow (2016-2020)
- 8th International Symposium on Aquatic Animal Health, 1st place oral presentation (2018)
- UF CVM Phi Zeta Research Day, 1st place oral presentation (2018)
- 43rd Eastern Fish Health Workshop, 1st place oral presentation (2018)
- North Florida Marine Science Symposium, 1st place oral presentation (2018)
My research focuses on a novel picornavirus isolated from clownfish, with the goal of determining its pathogenicity, as well as developing and validating molecular techniques for its detection.
- PCR & qPCR
- Cell Culture
- Genome Assembly
Outside of the lab, I enjoy rock climbing, yoga, tending to my horde of houseplants, and spending quality time with my dog, cat, and fish.
Updated 4 January 2019