Department of Infectious Diseases & Immunology
PO Box 110880
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32611-0880
- BS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002
After graduating from MIT, I applied my undergraduate training at Honeywell International, working as the lead engineer for the inertial guidance system of the Atlas V rocket. I worked with a complex system, which had challenging problems and a demanding customer community. From my experience, I learned that there was no way to approach working with a rocket guidance system without collaboration with multiple disciplines. Similarly, the complexity and challenges of biological systems requires cross-disciplinary efforts. In my PhD studies, I am working at the intersection of engineering and immunology to understand host-microbe interactions in the gut and to develop novel therapeutics to modulate the immune system.
- Adeniran A, Stainbrook S, Bostick JW, Tyo KEJ. Detection of a Peptide Biomarker by Engineered Yeast Receptors. ACS Synth Biol. 2018 Feb 16;7(2):696-705. doi: 10.1021/acssynbio.7b00410. Epub 2018 Feb 5. PubMed PMID: 29366326; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5820653.
- Li S, Bostick JW, Zhou L. Regulation of Innate Lymphoid Cells by Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor. Front Immunol. 2018 Jan 5;8:1909. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.01909. eCollection 2017. Review. PubMed PMID: 29354125; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5760495.
- Ye J, Qiu J, Bostick JW, Ueda A, Schjerven H, Li S, Jobin C, Chen ZE, Zhou L. The Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Preferentially Marks and Promotes Gut Regulatory T Cells. Cell Rep. 2017 Nov 21;21(8):2277-2290. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2017.10.114. PubMed PMID: 29166616; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5880207.
- Li S, Heller JJ, Bostick JW, Lee A, Schjerven H, Kastner P, Chan S, Chen ZE, Zhou L. Ikaros Inhibits Group 3 Innate Lymphoid Cell Development and Function by Suppressing the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Pathway. Immunity. 2016 Jul 19;45(1):185-97. doi: 10.1016/j.immuni.2016.06.027. PubMed PMID: 27438771; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4959810.
- Sekar K, Gentile AM, Bostick JW, Tyo KE. N-Terminal-Based Targeted, Inducible Protein Degradation in Escherichia coli. PLoS One. 2016 Feb 22;11(2):e0149746. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0149746. eCollection 2016. PubMed PMID: 26900850; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4765774.
- Bostick JW, Zhou L. Innate lymphoid cells in intestinal immunity and inflammation. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2016 Jan;73(2):237-52. doi: 10.1007/s00018-015-2055-3. Epub 2015 Oct 12. Review. PubMed PMID: 26459449.